Answering the call to the ministry and a post-secondary education requires not only a commitment to learning, study and prayer but also careful financial planning. Every post-graduate degree is expensive and the Master of Divinity required for ordination is no exception. St. Andrew’s College is aware that preparing for ordained ministry has become financially challenging for many current and potential candidates, and to assist in meeting the financial requirements of theological education at St. Andrew’s the college has established a Student Financial Assistance program with five pillars of support.
One Full Year of Academic Courses Tuition Paid & MDiv Residency Tuition Rebated
- Available to MDiv program students in their first and second year enrolled in a minimum of three courses per semester;
- Available for on-campus or at-distance courses;
- May be split over two years of study;
- MDiv students accepted into their Year 3 and Year 4 residency placement will have their residency tuition fully rebated.
Financial Aid Information
For more information on all of the financial aid, including a book bursary, financial aid pool, and various scholarships and bursaries, please see our Financial Aid Information package. Information is also available by contacting the registrar's office by email or 306-966-5244.
Information about financial aid opportunities on a program-by-program basis is available in our Financial Aid by Program listing.
Friends of St. Andrew’s BursarySt. Andrew’s College program students are automatically awarded the “Friends of St. Andrew’s Bursary” upon each course registration. This is automatically credited to the program student’s Populi account upon registration and the student is invoiced tuition after the bursary is applied. To see how the bursary is applied to each program, and to find the cost per course after the automatic bursary is applied, please refer to the College Fees page.
Internship Tuition Bursary (MDiv and MTS 37 Credit Practicum)
This automatic bursary covers the entire 15 credits of practicum tuition for PA380 MDiv for Master of Divinity students and the entire 4 credits of PA380 MTS for the Master of Theological Studies in Pastoral Studies for International Partners students. This bursary does not cover the tuition for the five learning circles that MDiv and MTS in Pastoral Studies for International Partners students must complete.
Government Student Loans
Government student loans are interest free while you are undertaking your studies and can help to finance your education. More information on eligibility, applying and receiving student loans is available by download.
Students may claim the following as tax credits on their income tax return:
- Fees exceeding $100
- An education credit for each month (excluding paid work placements) during which a student was in full-time or part-time registration
- An amount for text books purchased for courses in which the student is registered.
- Tax receipts will be available in late February for the preceding year. The forms will be mailed to you by St. Andrew's College. Please keep your mailing and contact information current with the college.