Sandra Beardsall is an ordained minister in The United Church of Canada, with pastoral experience in United Church and United/Anglican shared ministry congregations in Newfoundland, Labrador, and Ontario prior to her faculty appointment at St. Andrew’s College. Her teaching, research and writing brings together historical, pastoral and ecumenical concerns in the service of congregational ministry in prairie and western contexts and the search for Christian unity.
Research and Teaching Interests: Christian history in Canadian contexts; the social gospel in western Canada; ecumenical dialogue; the history and theology of ecumenical shared ministry congregations; the history of spiritual life and practice; the history of congregational life and pastoral leadership
- Book chapters in Baptists and Public Life in Canada (2012);
- The United Church of Canada: A History (2011);
- Three Ways of Grace (2010);
- Dropped Threads 2: More of What We Aren’t Told (2003).
- Entries in the Dictionary of Bible and Western Culture (2012);
- The Westminster Handbook to Women in American Religious History (2008).
- Articles and book reviews relating to modern Christian history, ecumenism, and theological education in scholarly journals (1997-Present)
- Short articles in the United Church Observer (2004-Present)
- Member of Anglican/United Church of Canada (National) Bilateral Dialogue Group
- Secretary of the North American Academy of Ecumenists
- Touchstone Journal – editorial board member and Profiles editor
- Co-chair of Project Team to develop More Voices, the hymn book supplement of the United Church of Canada (2005-2007)
- Past President of the Canadian Society of Church History
- Past Member of Roman Catholic/United Church of Canada (National) Bilateral Dialogue group
- Co-chair of Theme Committee for 37th General Council of the United Church of Canada